Well it has been a little over 13 years since my last post but not much has changed. I’m a slow builder.
Originally this site was focused on modular railroading, predominately in On30. Most of the posts and a long entry on the Tombstone and Quaymas Railroad were the result. The idea was to build a sectional/modular railroad where one piece of the layout would be a module for use at shows and would be part of the layout at home. The reality is that I very rarely go to shows and don’t really have the flexibility to schedule going to one. The entire idea has been mothballed.
In 2011 I built a small Christmas Village layout for display during the Christmas season. Since then the layout slowly evolved to be more of a ceramic building layout with the only Christmas part being some of the decorations on the buildings, a skating rink and the ability to add a dozen or so Christmas season little people to the layout.
The layout is now evolving into a small layout with laser kit type structures and will serve as a platform to improve my modeling skills. This blog is meant to help keep me motivated.
Well, it appears that my accidental fix was just that, an accident. For some reason the RSS stopped working again just as mysteriously as it started working.
I have upgraded the site to WordPress 184.108.40.206. Hopefully, now the RSS will stay working.
Well, it appears that the RSS feeds are working again, although I don’t have a clue what I did to fix them. I remember finding a missing semicolon in some script I was working on but I don’t remember which script it was or if it was even associated with the problem. I just saw a mistake and fixed it without really thinking about it.
Just to make it interesting, I went to the WordPress site a few minutes ago and discovered that there was a problem with the RSS feeds in 1.5.1 and that 220.127.116.11 is now available that fixes the feeds and a few other problems.
I guess I will install the upgrade but I think I’ll wait a few days.
WordPress is great software with a terrific team developing and maintaining the code. I love it and don’t mind the occasional blooper in the least. If this was commercial software, we wouldn’t see the fix for months, if ever.
When I started Trains of Thought, I set it up on a test server at home. It was designed using WordPress 1.50 and the theme Jakarta by Jose Mulia. I decided to take the site live the same day that WordPress 1.5.1 was released.
Instead of taking the site live and then upgrading it, I decided to build the site with 1.51 and then load up the data.
Anyway, during testing the RSS feeds worked fine. Yesterday I was going to tell a friend how to use the RSS feeds only to discover they are broken.
I will fix them as soon as possible and let you know when they work again. Sorry for the inconvenience.